February 08, 2013

Chic Hanging Chandelier

When I saw this chandelier I was in love.  The poor chandelier was sponge painted in a sage green and hunter green.  It also had really ugly light covers.  The light covers were so ugly I donated them right then and there!  This thing needed some TLC!

I love the glass stem and just knew with a little bit of paint it could really beautiful.  I gave it a coat of old white and used dark wax to give it a distressed look.  I had the hubby re-wire the chandy so whomever bought it could just plug it in.  I know in new homes they don't put lights in the bedrooms just give us a outlet that the light switch turns on.  So silly if you ask me!
What do you think?  I think it turned out pretty darn cute.  I love it hanging on the bird cage stand! I am now on the hunt for our house that is just a little smaller!    

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! And you saved it from a terrible life of sponge painted greens, I love it :)

    xo, Tanya
    twelveOeight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am so glad I saved it! Thanks for becoming my newest follower

      Delete
  2. Nice redo. I love those rescue jobs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice job. This chandelier definitely deserved to be reborn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!! Great job!
    Regarding the ceiling lights... It is surprising...but I had wall sconces put up when we built our house. I've not been a fan of a light in the ceiling of a bedroom...guess lots of others aren't either. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete