March 28, 2013

Duck Egg Family Room Dresser

So the last few weeks I have been working my tail off on our home, finally! We had our little boys birthday party and had family coming into town and I really wanted my house to be us. For the last few years we focused on selling our pieces to everyone else and not focusing on our home! I got tired of that. I wanted our home to reflect us and our style that we loved! So I have started in our family room. More pictures tomorrow. We are working on another project and I want to do a reveal when we are finished tomorrow! :) So this dresser was in our family room like this. It was ok but not really us.
 I decided to give it a couple coats in ASCP Duck Egg. My curtains have that color in them and I just needed a little bit of color for that room. I love how it turned out! When I distressed it showed the white underneath and a bit of the yellow, which I really really liked.  Before it had wooden knobs painted in pink.  I didn't get a picture of those beauties!  :)

See ya tomorrow for a reveal of our new family room! 


1 comment:

  1. Very sweet dresser- Duck Egg is such a lovely color :)

    Stopping by via: Miss Mustard Seed's linky party
    Happy Easter!
    Smiles, Suz @ MaytagNMom
    My Project For This Week's Linky Parties

    ReplyDelete