April 15, 2012

Refinished Dress Form

I have been on the hunt for a dress form for a very long time.  I didn't want to spend a fortune on it because I was just wanting it for my office and then to occasionally use at shows.  When I saw it I figured it would be at least $75 or more.  It had no price tag on it so they called the vendor who had that space and she said $30.  SOLD!!!!!!!!


It had very dingy red knit fabric on it and so I tore it all off and let me tell ya I had to shower after it was so dirty.  I ripped up manila drawing paper into long strips and to give it some texture and then modge podged it on there.  I let it dry over night and then took a distressing ink pad to it, to give it some age and another coat of modge podge. It didn't come with a stand so I created my own.  I used an old white spindle and a table top for the base.

I love how it turned out!  I think it is kind of unique, not often do you see a dress form on a spindle on a table top!  It is one of those items everyone wants to buy and if you had 5 of them they would be gone in a snap.


No comments:

Post a Comment