May 12, 2012

Home is Where the Heart is

The last few weeks have been rough for our lil family. We decided to pack up the truck and get away from the city for the weekend. We headed down to my parents, I just needed a little bit of home. You know what they say "home is where the heart is"

Since i have no projects here with me i thought I would show you a few displays my mom has set up in their home. She gets 99% of her decor at garage sales and rarely pays over 20 bucks for anything! My dad is not fond of her decor or yard sales. He calls it junk and we call it treasurers. :)  I love her style it's so cozy and inviting!

I am loving these suitcases!  That big one makes my heart pitter patter a little bit!  I am in negotiations for the 3 of these.  :)  Can you believe people get rid of these?  I guess I should be happy they do! 
They have a beautiful yard too!  Their yard is so nice, it's one of those yards that you just love to kick your flip flops off and be barefoot.  She also has displays outside that she changes up for the seasons.  
It rained all weekend here so the garage sales stunk.  :(  But it was nice to get away and be with family.  

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment