May 31, 2013

School Table turned Farm Table

If you guys follow us at all, you know I am horrible at before pictures. Usually, when it is time to get to working on a piece of furniture i need to get it done as quickly as possible. I am really going to try to be better at that starting in June! This table we picked up a long time ago and it has been in our storage. It came with a horrid laminate top.

We decided to make it a farm table. I went to home depot and had three boards cut to give it the plank look.  I gave it a coat of Minwax Classic Gray. I took a hammer, chain and nails to make worm holes. I then gave it a coat of Jacobean. I loved the combo of those two colors, it gave it more of an aged look . I painted the frame and legs in Old White and gave it a good distressing. 
   
I found these iron pulls and painted those too.  
I am a huge fan of how this table turned out. We took it to Sweet William Market and it was scooped up rather quickly. We always try to sell all our tables with chairs so our customers don't have to go searching for them. This table came with 4 chairs and a cute bench. There are always those items that you could sell three or four times and this just happened to be one of them!

I cannot wait to make another one of these tables.  It was one of my favorites!  

Have a fabulous weekend!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment