April 22, 2012

Burlap Tie Wreath

Today was an absolute gorgeous day outside!  Our little boy learned about Earth Day at preschool and insisted we plant trees.  However, we planted trees last year so flowers had to work!  So we planted a lot of flowers and cleaned up the backyard, including our patio. :) I worked so hard that I am sunburned and can still see the dirt under my fingernails! After we were finished with "work" I decided to sit outside and finally do a burlap tie wreath for me! I made one for the last show and had to end up making more for additional orders.
I used a burlap coffee sack to make this one. I pulled on one of the burlap fibers to get a nice straight line and did that over and over and over.  I then cut them into smaller strips and tied them to a wire wreath. The last ones I made sure didn't seem like it took as long to make as this one did.  It honestly took, FOREVER!  
For everyone who is a new reader I have a slight obsession with burlap.  :)  Just look at that texture, it is gorgeous!!!!  Isn't it???

I do need your opinion, should I spray the S a different color? 

Today I was so thankful for having my sunshine and family.  We love being outside and we were so grateful the weather finally cooperated and allowed us to get things done.  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and I hope you planted a little something for Earth Day!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this wreath! I think it looks great. You could probably paint the S a creamy white and it would look just as good. Great job!
    Christa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!! What a wonderful, inspiring idea!!! I agree with Christa...a creamy white would be great. Maybe even a really light, faded blue. Found you at Under the Table. So grateful I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a place to hang a wreath... so many great ideas around blogland. My door is so ugly I don't want to draw attention to it. :)
    You did a great job on your wreath. I think it was worth the time it took... but I'm not the one that worked so hard on it sunburned and dirty. hahaha
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Wreath is beautiful! I do think that painting the 'S' a Charcoal Grey would make it pop. After all the work that went into making the Wreath itself, there is always room for a touch of Drama....but not too much Drama. Thank you for sharing your obvious Artistic abilities.

    ReplyDelete