July 24, 2012

Lamps & Lace Oh My

Lace has started to become a big go to, for us lately.  It is just so beautiful to create with!  It just adds such class and beauty to absolutely anything!  This shade we added ruffles of sheer lace, a trim of lace and a burlap rosette.  We put this one up on on a post that we use to sell them off and I went to grab my camera and they were literally snatching it up before the market had even started!  It is always nice to have sales before the market starts.
A few weeks ago my grandma went to help her sister clean my great-grandma's house to get ready for our family reunion.  My great-grandma and grandpa use to go to auctions all the time.  They have collected anything and everything for a very long time.  She found numerous lace table cloths that were on their last life so we just added them to lamp shades!  We took blah old brass and painted them with some ASCP in old white, coco, country gray and french linen.
We found this lamp at the thrift store.  It was painted black but I wanted something more neutral and chic looking.  The shade we have had for a while and it was perfect fit for this one.  Sometimes it is ok to have a stockpile of things for the future!  :) 

 All of our shades and lights sold in a snap.  So we are busy bees working on more.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment