April 14, 2014

Reupholstered Slipper Chair

chair had been sitting in storage for way to long. We decided it was time to tackle it!   Before it could be gorgeous, we had to remove the nasty fabric which was literally tacked down with over 2000 staples.  It was a huge pain!  Sorry about the horrible before picture, I took it on my phone and didn't realize it was this bad.
I gave it a few coats of Old Ochre, distressed it and my part was done!  My grandma on the other had had her work cut out for her.  However, she is an amazing seamstress & upholster, so I was far from worried.  You name it she can do it!  She took the pattern and cut the new fabric and went to town!  It felt like she was done in no time!!! I think it came out absolutely amazing.  It was one of those projects that I wished was for me!  
Look at those legs!!  She also added a very detailed trim to give it more of a finished look! 
We are so excited it is starting to warm up, so we can start sharing more projects with you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment